Greetings, all, and happy Friday!
We are officially TWO WEEKS away (plus or minus a few days) until Halloween! Anybody else as pumped about it as I am?
One of my favorite Halloween activities is going to haunted houses - who doesn't love a good scare? As such, I decided to take my love of haunted houses to the message boards and ask the question we've all asked ourselves - would YOU survive a day at Larkspur House, perhaps the scariest haunted house of all?
Take the quiz below and check your results at the very bottom. Who among us will make it out alive . . . and who will be trapped in Larkspur's clutches forever?
WOULD YOU SURVIVE LARKSPUR HOUSE?
You step out of the car, your invitation to Larkspur House in your hand. You look up at the sprawling mansion in front of you, and make your way up the driveway . . .
1. You get to the front door of Larkspur and are about to ring the doorbell when you hear a piercing scream from inside the house. But the door is locked! What do you do next?
a. You break the glass from a nearby window and rush inside.
b. You look around for help, but can’t find anybody. Before you can do anything, the door opens on its own.
c. You continue to frantically ring the doorbell to no avail, until the door mysteriously opens on its own.
2. You run inside the house looking for the source of the scream and deduct that it’s coming from the second floor. But as you’re climbing the grand staircase, the scream stops. What do you do next?
a. You continue upstairs to help the person in distress, but are unable to find them.
b. You rush back downstairs in an attempt to leave, but the door is locked and will not budge.
c. You slowly make your way back down to the foyer in an attempt to look for other inhabitants.
3. Your invitation to Larkspur instructs you to wait in the foyer for somebody to greet you, but you have not seen any signs of life since you’ve arrived. What do you do next?
a. You continue to search for the source of the scream. They’re still obviously in danger!
b. You head to the foyer but get distracted by a library to the right of the doorway. You head there instead.
c. You immediately head back to the foyer to await further instructions.
4. You hear someone calling your name from one of the rooms on the first floor. You enter the room and see a figure of somebody around your age. As you approach them, they disappear into thin air. What do you do next?
a. It must have all been in your head. You continue to search for other inhabitants of the house.
b. You run as far from the room as you possibly can.
c. Does this place train magicians? You continue through the rest of the house looking for her.
5. As you’re walking down a hallway, you feel a presence behind you. You turn around, and it’s a small child wearing an old rabbit mask. After you make eye contact, the child walks away in the opposite direction. What do you do next?
a. You are weary about following the mysterious boy, but find that there’s a better chance of getting answers from him if you do.
b. You follow him with no questions asked – he clearly knows the house very well.
c. You turn around in an attempt to run in the other direction, but a wall has mysteriously appeared in front of you. You have no choice but to follow the rabbit boy.
6. The boy leads you to a large library on the other end of the hallway. Once you enter the room, the door shuts behind you, and the boy has inexplicably disappeared. What do you do next?
a. Immediately survey the room for any windows or other doors you can exit through.
b. Yell for help in the hopes that somebody will hear you.
c. You’re sure somebody will be rescuing you soon. You await for help.
7. You start to smell smoke – the library is catching fire! What do you do next?
a. You manage to find a window and break the glass to make an exit.
b. You’re sure the rabbit boy is still in the room and begin to search for him. When he’s nowhere to be found, you break a window and make your way outside.
c. You’re caught off-guard and start to panic. Is help ever coming?
Mostly A’s: You’ve escaped! You run down the driveway as Larkspur House continues to burn behind you. You never look back.
Mostly B’s: You’ve escaped! As you’re running away from the burning mansion, you take one last look at the house and see a figure in the window. You feel as if a part of Larkspur is leaving with you . . .
Mostly C’s: You’re trapped in the house. It has claimed you as its own.
Please tell us why you'd like to report this post