Greetings, Specials! (Yes, that's right folks - we FINALLY have a fandom name for Shadow House fans, and it's Dan Poblocki-approved!)

Dan was thrilled about answering all of your Shadow House questions you sent in last week. Check out what he has to say about the Specials, Cyrus Caldwell, and Book #2!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: Poor Dylan and Dash! Will Dylan be able to forgive Dash in Book #2?

A:  I don’t want to give too much away, so we’ll just say that things are going to get really interesting for Dylan in You Can’t Hide (which is the second Shadow House book).

Q: Is Poppy related to the mysterious Caldwells? 

A: Yes, she’s part of that very same Caldwell family.

Q: I want to know more about the Specials! What makes them “special” and how were they chosen?

A: The kids who were called to Shadow House in The Gathering have a lot in common with the Specials, don’t you think? A girl with a missing sister, a musical genius, etc…. And the Specials have a lot in common with some kids who were called to the house even earlier in its haunted history, who you’ll get to learn more about when the second book (and the second app) come out.

Q: Why is Matilda . . . different than the other Specials? Will she help the characters escape Larkspur House? 

A: None of the Specials had it especially easy before they arrived at Larkspur…or while they were there, for that matter. I think Matilda might need help from the characters, but I doubt she’s going to be much help to them…

Q: Who IS controlling Larkspur House? Is it Caldwell? The Girl in the portrait?

A: We don’t want to give too much away and spoil the end for you all! Still a secret…

Q: Why was Cyrus Caldwell so fascinated with these kids and what led to his insanity and obsession in the first place? 

A: There’s lots more about this in the second book, so let’s just say he suffered a major loss.

Q: Can we talk about You Can't Hide? The title is so spooky! Will the kids be interacting even more with the ghosts at Larkspur House? 

A: There are way more ghosts than just the Specials haunting Larkspur House – and the kids are definitely going to be meeting more of them in You Can’t Hide. Brace yourselves!

Q: SPOILER ALERT: at the end of The Gathering, Dylan breaks away from the group. To what limits will Dash go to find his twin?

A: There are plenty of places to hide in a haunted house like Larkspur – but then, the twins have such a strong bond that Dash would find it impossible to leave his brother behind…right?

Q: What can we expect from You Can't Hide?

A: You Can’t Hide turns the dial up on everything in The Gathering – there are most ghosts, new problems for the characters to puzzle their way through, and something much more sinister controlling the Specials that the kids are going to have to come face-to-face with. Even worse? All of them are keeping secrets from one another…so how do you make it through a haunted place like Shadow House when you’re not sure who you can trust?

Q: How long did it take to finish the first draft of The Gathering

A: Since I wrote a comprehensive outline for the entire series before I began the first draft, it took me a little longer than usual. I think it was between 4 and 5 months, just for that first draft. Next, there were a few months of revisions!

Q: Any advice for aspiring writers? 

A: I usually give the advice that many other writers give when asked this question: Read a lot, and write a lot! And don't give up when the going gets tough. Finish the project you're working on. Make it as good as you can. And then write another one! 

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Yay! Two of my questions were answered!

• Posted at:

Chai @^@

2010-2016 : 6 years as a Cahill

The Lord of the Books!

The Inventor of the Gavinometer!

King of the 39 Clues Fandom!

Horizoner, Greencloak, SQ, Madrigal, Amulet Keeper, Shadow House Special

Since the very start!

ChaiHam or ChaiJavi

Yes! One of my questions was answered! Well...kind of. It's a cliff hanger answer and now I'm even more curious about the sequel. Book 2 can't come fast enough! 

• Posted at:

Yona of the Dawn, Lockwood and Co, Keeper of the Lost Cities, and Spirit Animals fan. (And I can't forget Miraculous Ladybug of course.)

Yay! My questions were answered! (I wonder who Dylan will meet...)

• Posted at:

THE WINSTON

Give it up, y'all!

Whew! I'm awesome!

The only way to eat the cake is to reach up and earn it. -Winston

Cahill, Greencloak, Hystorian, Tombquester, Special, and Horizoner.

#WeAreFamily

#WACKED!

When you are down, know you can only go up.

Ah! I want You Can't Hide now! I think I'll read the first book again...

• Posted at:

~Sandy~

GLORYBRINGER FOREVER!!!

#FanWingKingdomFTW

#POWERTOTHENERDS

Proud Christian!!!

I'm homeschooled! :D

#GoodinBad

"Stars can't shine without darkness."

My OCs

Candle

Kiwi

Spark

Glowfish

U R LIKE, SO COOL! I AM TOTES LETTING U BE IN MY CLUB!!!!!! THAT'S NOT AN OFFER U GET EVERYDAY. IF U R INVITED INTO MY CLUB THAT MEANS U R 1 OF THE #COOLEST KIDZ ON THE WEBSITE! TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THAT! U R TOTES READY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SEE YA FD! THAT'S MY FIRST MEETING ON THE MESSAGE BOARDS!!!!!!!!!

• Posted at:

Hey! Do you want to be friends on the STACKS?

From Carolyn

Gimme book two & I shan't hang upside down from the ceiling & watch you sleep anymore. (I'm kidding. I have a strange sense of humor.)

• Posted at:

Nevermore

I am:

An unwanted

A Special

Asexual

Freezyoubrain

Queen of horror stories & teller of morbid jokes

Proud Slytherin

"Fools who run their mouths off wind up dead."

"And Montrasaur is like DUDE INDEED"-Red

Valar Doheris

SERIOUSLY!!! NO HE DIDN'T!!!

• Posted at:

Will Marcus return his friends again? Well, he did leave at the very end of book 2, sorry I'm not trying to spoil e book for anyone, but I'm really curious about it. 

• Posted at:

what happend every time azumi dreamed of the japaneese forest

• Posted at:

how old are Dash Dylan Poppy Marcus and Azumi in book #1

• Posted at:

What was your inspiration for the books and are you going to make another one?

• Posted at:

Call me SeSe.

SEAWING!

I'nocrazI'jusmentalldamaged!!!!

I'm TOTALLY NEVER sarcastic.

This is the color of my soul.

Best forumer friend: Lemon (dancingunicorn644)

Why? Why not????

Life sucks.